So you want to hear God at a deeper level?
Let's face it. when it comes to listening many of us have a difficult time hearing the person standing in front of us, and if this is true, how can we possibly hear a God we cannot see.
However, hearing God is possible.
God wants a relationship with us. He desires to share His plan; to give good things to His children, but many are too busy or distracted to hear.
Yet, if you are serious about committing to listening on a consistent basis you will develop your ability to hear God's voice.
3.Here are five steps to help you start your journey to listening:
1. Decide. The first step to hearing God begins with a decision. Decide you want to hear God. Once the decision is made be willing to obey His instructions. Listening is a two way street. It's easy to hear, but difficult to listen. Listening requires a response to not only hear, but to obey.
2. Position. Position yourself by bringing a journal or notebook, pen, and bible. Select a distraction free time and location. Where you decide to meet with God doesn't have to be fancy. It can be as simple as a chair, spot on the sofa, or closet floor. When it comes to time, mornings are best. If you are a night person, anytime after midnight is "officially" the morning of the next day. Positioning is an important part of the listening process so choose wisely.
3. Focus. Focus by engaging in gratitude, thankfulness, and praise. Psalm 100 says, "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise. My Listening Prayer Journal is a guided journal designed to help you begin with gratitude.
4. Ask. After releasing gratitude and praise, take your notebook and write down your concerns. Writing is a very therapeutic act. Writing out your concerns helps release your concerns to paper. Writing allows you to quiet your spirit to hear what God has to say about your concerns.
5. Listen. At the end of your journaling session, take a few minutes to listen. Write what you sense God is saying. You may or may not hear anything, but continue the process each day. However, as you write what you believe you hear through the documentation and stewarding of the written word confirmation will happen.
Try this for 30 days and let me know how it goes.
Watch How to Hear God on YouTube